End of KS2 Statutory Standard Assessment Tests (SATS)
Due to the additional bank holiday in honour of the Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III taking place on Monday 8 May 2023, Year 6 KS2 SATs week commences on Tuesday 9th May 2023. During this week, children in year 6 will sit statutory tests in English and Maths. A timetable for these is set out below:
- Tuesday 9 May 2023: Spelling, punctuation and grammar (Grammar/Punctuation Test) – 45 minutes
- Tuesday 9 May 2023: Spelling, punctuation and grammar (Spelling Test) – 20 minutes
- Wednesday 10 May 2023: Reading Test – 60 minutes
- Thursday 11 May 2023: Maths Paper 1 (Arithmetic) – 30 minutes
- Thursday 11 May 2023: Maths Paper 2 (Reasoning) – 40 minutes
- Friday 12 May 2023: Maths Paper 3 (Reasoning) – 40 minutes
Results of these tests are not released until the end of the summer term as these tests are marked externally. Once results have been returned to the school, parents are given a report that shows their child's attainment in each test. Scores are scaled to allow comparison with all other children across the country who took the same test. A scaled score of 100 is needed to indicate your child is at the expected standard for the end of KS2.
Further support information will be made available nearer the time.