Help for Families
The government’s cost-of-living payment is available for those receiving certain benefits or tax credits. Those who are eligible can get up to 3 different types of payment depending on their situation:
- A cost-of-living payment, for people receiving a qualifying low income benefit or tax credits
- A disability cost-of-living payment, for people receiving a qualifying disability benefit
- A pensioner cost-of-living payment, for people entitled to a winter fuel payment for winter 2022 to 2023
Citizens Advice has guidance for people who need help with school costs. This includes advice on how to get:
- Free school meals (FSM)
- Help to pay for activities and uniform
- Help with transport to and from school
The Warm Welcome Campaign has a searchable map to help people find a warm welcome space near them. The campaign is supporting more than 3,000 organisations that have opened their doors to provide a warm welcome for those struggling to heat their homes this winter.
You may be able to access benefits and financial support if you're on a low income. You might be entitled to support with heating, housing and other living costs. Visit the Government's benefits page by clicking here.